Monday 4 March 2013

Not so long ago, my colleague asked me about common practice to mounting Intrinsically-safe (IS) barrier and possibility installed in hazardous area.
I quickly replied and gave him this picture folowing. It shown that the IS (Intrinsically-safe) barrier is in the area of Non-hazardous, together with control room equipment. While The transmitter, here is named Intrinsically-safe apparatus, is in hazardous Area.


But on the way back home, I remembered that one day someone once gave me a vendor's catalogue which mention about condition for IS barrier located in hazardous area.
Fortunate, I found the file and here is the captured picture that I gave him:




 When barriers are installed in explosion-proof enclosures, which are located in the hazardous area, explosion-proof seals are required on the enclosure.

I quote from the vendor's catalogue: "Since other conduits containing non-IS conductors between the hazardous and non-hazardous areas require explosion-proof seals, it is good practice to maintain consistency and install explosion-proof seals on the conduits containing IS conductor also."

==========================

0 comments:

Post a Comment